This tofu scramble takes less than 15 minutes to make and is the perfect vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. No matter if you enjoy this dish for breakfast or dinner – served with avocado, bread and/ or potatoes it’s the perfect wholesome meal anytime of the day.
This tofu scramble takes less than 15 minutes to make and is the perfect vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. No matter if you enjoy this dish for breakfast or dinner - served with avocado, bread and/ or potatoes it's the perfect wholesome meal anytime of the day.
- 1 shallot
- 1 block firm tofu (250 g)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced (alternative: bell pepper or other veggies) (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp plant-based milk (I used soy) or plant-based yoghurt (alternative: water)
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of kala namak salt (optional)
- baby spinach (optional)
- chives (or any other herbs) (optional)
Heat some oil in a pan and sauté shallot until translucent. Crumble tofu into the pan, breaking it up with your fingers. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the tofu. Add chosen veggies and cook for another minute or so, stirring occasionally.
Mix together milk with nutritional yeast, turmeric and paprika, then pour over scrambled tofu and mix well. Let cook until there's almost no liquid left in the pan.
Season with salt & pepper (and kala namak). Lastly, add the spinach and fold it in.
Serve warm with bread/ avocado/ potatoes/ herbs.
- Using yoghurt instead of milk will make the mixture creamier.
- Kala namak salt smells and tastes pretty sulfury and therefore really reminds one of cooked eggs.
I hope you love this recipe – please let me know in the comment section below! If you make this tofu scramble, make sure to take a photo and share it on my Facebook page or on Instagram, using the hashtag #minamadefood. Oh and don’t forget to tag me (@thisisminamade) so that I can see your creations!