These mini falafel burgers were probably the most popular (next to filled puff pastries – recipe coming soon) amongst other savory bites of my birthday buffet, which was all finger food this year. They were gone really fast. By the way, my coconut almond snowballs (aka raffaello) and those sweet & spicy pecans were the most popular recipes of the “dessert” buffet.
Of course building burgers is a matter of taste. However, here’s my favorite combination, which everyone else at the party loved as well:
- burger bun (I found vegan mini burger buns at Trader Joe’s)
- lettuce leaves (I used: romaine lettuce)
- avocado herb dip (or e.g. vegan mayo)
- falafel patty with taco seasoning
- burger bun
If you don’t care for tomatoes on your burger, leave them out. You can swap vegan mayo for the avocado herb dip, as we did on my birthday since the avocados we had on hand weren’t even ripe then; and add some vegan cheese, which seems to be sold at pretty much every grocery store these days, if you want.
- 1.5 cups chickpeas, cooked (canned) (250 g)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (50 g)
- 4 tbsp oat bran (or bread crumbs) (25 g)
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped (15 g)
- 3 tsp taco seasoning (recipe on blog, s. notes)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- oil for pan-frying (optional)
- 8-10 mini burger buns
- lettuce leaves
- avocado herb dip (recipe on blog, s. notes) (optional)
- BBQ-sauce (recipe on blog, s. notes)
- Alternatively/ optional vegan mayo/ vegan cheese
Add all the ingredients for the patties (except for the oil) to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Take 1-2 tbsp of the mixture and form a patty in the size of burger buns.
Pan sear patties from both sides for about 2 minutes each.
I hope you love this recipe – please let me know in the comment section below! If you make these mini falafel burgers, make sure to take a photo and share it on my Facebook page or on Instagram, using the hashtag #minamadefood. Oh and don’t forget to tag me (@thisisminamade) so that I can see your creations!